...OUR CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
The Principals of Trent Valley Consulting, Alan Appleby and Lynda Langford, have worked with a broad variety of clients over the past 15 years, and helped them find solutions to a wide range of issues.
The list below outlines many of the major clients and contracts. Repeat business and retainer work is a good indication of our satisfactory client relationships.
How can we help you?
Where links are indicated, click to see a fuller overview of the work and results, or to access the report produced.
ASUPCA- (Assoc. of Sask. Urban Parks and Conservation Agencies)
Boreal Forest Network-
- marketing and communications program, and
- in-field program monitoring and evaluation model.
Campbellford/ Seymour Community Foundation, Campbellford ON -
- Report on softwood lumber in Saskatchewan, including allocations, facilities, production and subsidies.
Deschambault Lake Forest Products-
- Protecting large wilderness areas in Saskatchewan's Boreal Forest through participation in land use plans and partnerships with northern Communities and First Nations,
- Conservation analysis of Saskatchewan landscapes and associated research to develop briefs and action campaigns to protect wilderness areas,
- Participation in the Athabasca Land Use Plan and North Central Land Use Plan as member of Regional Advisory Board.
- Planning and zoining in the Great Sand Hills, Canada's largest remaining native prairie.
Mee-Toos Forest Products Ltd.-
- Environmental Audit and Business Plan for upgrading forest and mill operational procedures.
Municipality of Tweed, Ontario -
- Several program development and funding proposals for training and public consultation
PAREDA- (Prince Albert Regional Economic Development Agency)
- Preparation of an Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ICSP) for the municipality. This involved two rounds of community meetings.
PARKS CANADA: Prince Albert National Park-
- Forest Products Workshop organization and facilitation.
Pelican Narrows Community Forest Development Ltd.-
- Overview of regional camping opportunities, markets, fees, and service levels as part of a fee and service review (with Associates).
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation- Environment and Resource Management Advisor
- Development of a pilot project to undertake traditional and cultural land use mapping on the Reindeer and Churchill Rivers.
Peter Ballantyne Development Corporation Ltd.-
- development of Integrated Resource Co-management Partnership Agreement with Saskatchewan,
- negotiation of Forest Management Licence Agreement: Amisk-Atik FMA,
- development of commercial forestry business partnership: Mee-Toos Forest Products,
- land and resource use planning: Amisk-Atik Land Use Plan Regional Advisory Board Member,
- traditional resource use conflict resolution.
Prairie Spirit Connections Inc., Regina SK -
- "Non-Timber Forest Products Development" a report outlining the existing and potential business opportunities in NTFP and creation of a model for development. (with an Associate)
Professional Development Seminars-
- Strategic Planning: A review of services and development of a business plan to set a strategic direction for future growth of the business and its services. See their web site for details.
- Workshop Facilitation: Organization and facilitation of a 2 day Workshop involving 12 Regina area First Nations and 6 service agencies to develop a strategy to assist in the move from Reserve to City life.
- Program Development: Create a model for a "Resource Centre" that can provide on site assistance to Aboriginal people in Regina in all aspects of developing and maintaining a successful life in the city. The "Welcoming Centre" opened its doors in January 2012.
- Service Directory: Assemble a comprehensive Directory of service and agencies working in Regina and providing assistance to Aboriginal peoples. This inclues social, educational, housing, transportation, employment, medical and crisis intervention contacts.
Quinte Waste Solutions, Trenton ON --
- Two Day Workshop on establishing a business to provide consulting services (with Associates).
Reindeer Lake Commercial Fishermen's Co-op-
- Integrated Waste Management Plan: organization and facilitation of Focus Group Workshop involving representatives of 9 participating municipalities.
Saskatchewan Environment (Formerly Saskatchewan Environment and Resource Management)-
- Fisheries strategy to increase value of catch and decrease conflict with other users on Reindeer Lake.
Saskatchewan Forestry Association- Workshop Organization and facilitation:
- Ecosystem based resource and land use planning framework (with an Associate).
- Co-editor: 1997 State of the Environment Report: "The Prairie Ecozone, Our Agricultural Heartland"
- Editor: 1999 State of the Environment Report: " The Boreal Shield Ecozone, a Land of Lakes and Forests "
- "A Preliminary Investigation into ENGO/SERM Coordination of Public Environmental Information Services" (with an Associate)
Sierra Club of Canada-
- EnviroFor '93 in Prince Albert, bringing together industry, government and ENGO's to discuss forest issues.
- EnviroFor '95 in Meadow Lake, bringing together industry, government and ENGO's to discuss forest issues.
- Facilitator at a national EnviroFor in Edmonton in 1994, for Canadian Forestry Association (CFA)
Timberline Forest Inventory Consultants Ltd.- Amisk-Atik FMA Environmental Assessment-
- Co-Author of the report: "Integrated Land Use Planning and Canada's New National Forest Strategy"
An examination of what ecosystem based planning should be and how it is working in some key case study areas, including the Athabasca Land Use Plan in Saskatchewan. Released in July 2004.
Weyburn and Area Forestry Project-
- Criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management
- Planning Advisory Committee framework and operational structure
- Presentations and facilitation of public consultation community meetings.
World Resources Institute, Global Forest Watch Canada-
- Research, writing, development and production: "Community Forestry Handbook".(with Associates)
World Wildlife Fund Canada (WWF)- Saskatchewan Provincial Coordinator
- Saskatchewan content for: "Canada's Forests at a Crossroads: An Assessment in the Year 2000 "
- Strategic plan development for the Endangered Spaces Campaign in Saskatchewan,
- Implementation for the Endangered Spaces Campaign in Saskatchewan,
- Provincial Coordinator for WWF activities in the province (1993 through 2000).
- Saskatchewan content for The Nature Audit a 2003 strategy for regional conservation in Canada.
| Return to Top of Page | Return to Home Page |